OSCAR Foundation is inviting youth from Mumbai who want to make a difference in their communities to join the Young Leaders Programme starting from February 2020. Girls and boys between the age of 17-22 years who are passionate about sports are eligible to apply for this programme. The programme offers intensive leadership training to youth enabling them to deliver ‘Football for Good’ sessions in low-income communities.
Benefits of joining the Young Leaders Programme:
- Free residential training in conducting ‘Football for Good’ sessions
- Specialised AIFF grassroots football training
- Support in completing professional football coaching certification (D Licence)
- Stipend for all Young Leaders
- Opportunity to participate in professional leagues like I-League and MDFA 2nd division level
- Opportunity to travel outside of India on special projects
- Scholarship for higher studies to all deserving Young Leaders
- Internship opportunities
- Career guidance
“When I attended my first Young Leaders training, I didn’t know about anything about Football Coaching. But after the training, I understood how to coach children. At present, I am coaching Children with Disabilties in Mumbai. Through Young Leaders Programme, I also got the opportunity to travel to Russia, in addition to being offered a one year internship in a well-known shipping corporation. The most important thing I gained from the Young Leaders training is respect from the children and parents in my community.
Youth from low-income communities are encouraged to apply for the Young Leaders Programme. If you have any questions or difficulties in filling the form below, please call Priyanka Kale, Executive – Young Leaders Programme on 022 22630718 or send an email on email@example.com.
Last date for application – 31st December, 2019.